The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued a bank holiday list for the month of September. According to it, banks will remain closed for 12 days in September.
There will be seven bank holidays and these are based on state-wise leaves, religious events and festivals. Apart from this, there will be six weekend holidays in the coming month.
Banks will remain closed on September 5, 12, 19, 25, and 26. On September 11 RBI has its mandated leave which is overlapping with the second Saturday. Therefore, the total number of holidays in September will count to 12.
Here's a list of banks holidays according to regions and rituals in September 2021:
- September 8: Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva
- September 9: Teej (Haritalika)
- September 10: Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata.
- September 11: Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day)
- September 17: Karma Puja
- September 20: Indrajatra and on
- September 21: Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day
RBI has notified the list of bank holidays under the categories- Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday, and Banks’ Closing of Accounts. The other two classifications do not apply to the month of September.
So, if you are planning to visit the bank in the month of September, check out the holidays before.